When we start thinking not only about “accessibility” but also about inclusive design, we increase the diversity of perspectives in the design process. This leads to better products. In this hands-on workshop, we’ll look at how to incorporate people with disabilities into our design process and dig deep into practical techniques you can use to make your products more inclusive, and ultimately easier to use for everyone.
What topics will be covered?
- Inclusive design as a tool for innovation
- Techniques for implementing inclusive design
- Integrating people with disabilities into your process
What exercises will be done?
- collaborative design critiques
- rapid design iterations
What will the audience take away from this workshop?
The audience will leave with:
- a framework for thinking about inclusion for people with disabilities
- practical techniques they can use to examine and improve their own designs
- inclusion tools they can use to examine and improve their design process
Any requirements for attending?