Our ability to critique speaks directly to the quality of the conversations and collaboration we have with our teammates, whether they be designers, developers, or stakeholders. The ideas and designs we have for the services, products and websites we’re creating depend on this feedback.
This workshop examines the language, rules and strategies for critique and provides participants with takeaways that can immediately be put to work to create a useful, collaborative environment for discussing design.
The contents of this presentation focus on:
- How to introduce critique to team members who may be unfamiliar with it.
- Ways to improve our ability to deliver, collect and receive critique.
- Facilitation techniques for improving the quality of feedback discussions.
- An understanding of where critique fits within the design process and how to incorporate it into projects.
- Identifying common challenges to critique in orgs and tools to overcome them.
- Methods for gathering useful feedback from clients and teammates.
- Filtering solid critiques from personal opinion.
- Critique and remote teams, how to make it work.
- Challenges to critique and the path to better conversations.