It’s critical that designers and developers learn to work together in order to create great products. How many times have you designed something that never saw the light of day? Or it looked a little different when it launched? More often than not, it’s due to the lack of shared product development goals and collaboration between the UX and development teams.
Additionally, technology is advancing at the speed of light. We, as designers, have the challenge of keeping up with these advances while also keeping our eye on the bigger picture — the opportunity for end users. It’s an exciting time where technology can deliver amazing, new experiences. But It can only happen with a tight collaboration between those designing and those developing.
Whether you are on the product side or the agency side, early and tight collaboration with your development team will lead to better ideas, happier customers, team success, and ultimately, better products.
- The material and exercises will include topics such as:
- Soft skills and communications techniques when dealing with the “opposite sex”
- Design methods within agile development process
- Project and feature-set planning strategies and deliverable examples
- Common pitfalls when working together (design and development)
- Case studies that help demonstrate all of the above, and most importantly, success