Wednesday all day [9:00-5:30]
A Designer’s Toolkit for Creating a Culture of Collaboration
We value design, and routinely judge our products and experiences on its merits. But we can easily overlook a large part of our lives in this regard- the design of work. This session is for those who want to tackle issues like collaboration, culture, and the lifecycle of ideas from a designer’s perspective. At the end of the day, if we can get a little better at creating, changing, and guiding how we do these things as individuals and as teams, we might be able to accomplish anything, and maybe have some fun along the way.
In this session, you will add to your designer toolkit by trying out techniques you can use with clients and teams to define, generate, prototype, select and follow through on ideas. We will step outside the daily grind mindset into hands-on, team-based activities, but also make sure that everyone comes away with specific ideas that they can take back to improve their own ways of working.
Session takeaways include:
- Why bother to “design work?” – Who is doing it and why?
- 7Ps framework for fewer, better meetings
- Using visual thinking to clarify and communicate an idea
- Core exercises from Gamestorming to open, explore and close ideas
- Common pitfalls and challenges in team work and tactics for addressing them
- Facilitation tips to use for good
- Culture: Getting past the buzzword and trying to shape it